- Improve Dribbling
- Improve moving with the ball.
U6 to U10
- Min 4 max 12 players.
- A set of 4 – 12 “base” discs set out at en equal distance from a central point.
- Min of 20 discs at the central point.
- Players each with a ball at feet start at an outer disc.
- Players dribble ball to central point, stop ball and collect “steal” 1 disc.
- Players dribble back to their base point with “stolen” disc and return to steal next disc.
- Players collect as many discs as possible.
- Have some fun when asking players (specially young ones) to count discs e.g. they have collected 6 – turn this into 6,150,000.
- If necessary use parents to help count discs.
- If players naturally use hands to stop ball when stooping to collecting discs then use parents in centre to hand out discs.
- Keep control of ball.
- Move ball quickly.
- Execute a good turn at the central point and at base.
- NO USE OF HANDS TO CONTROL OR STOP BALL WHEN TURNING
- If players do well and there is an even number of players progress to working in pairs where players collect their disc, return to base with disc and ball which can develop to also making a good pass at base to their team – mate (Fig2)
- If progression made then coach the pass as a “Switch pass” so player releases ball with laces or outside of foot (not inside) to ensure a good switch.